Welcome to our newest section. Here we intend to report on new, late-breaking news on
all matters PSION. With a slant to the Canadian market (which is looking a little gloomy
at the moment). Enjoy!
- Friday 19 December
- Lynn Arcari (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be
going to the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) to work at the PSION booth. She said she'll
ask questions of PSION that I put to her. I've already inquired about whether Lotus Notes
is in PSION's future... And I'm sure we'll hear lots from her after the show...
- Correction to yesterday's note. If you buy a Series 5 directly from Syscan
until Dec. 31st, you only pay $775 for the Series 5 and an AC adapter. However,
resellers do not receive this same offer, i.e. we must sell the AC adapter as an extra
- Thursday 18 December
- Confirmed the Canadian price for the Series 5 in a special seasonal offer is $775 (and
it includes an AC adapter). Offer good until the end of the year. We at Computer Ease are,
of course, extending this offer to you.
- Monday 15 December
- Doubly confirmed there is no e-mail connectivity solution for Lotus Notes 3.x or 4.x and
the PSION. If you're using Lotus Notes 4.5 with Domino running a POP server, well, that's
a different matter... That begs the question: how does the PalmPilot get Lotus Notes
- Sunday 14 December
- We put our Jingle Bells PSION wave files on-line [new link].
It's a crazy big file (500k+) but it sure is fun! Series 3 and 5 formats!
- Friday 12 December
- We made an HTML table in our main home page for Series 4 to improve usage when accessing
the web via a PSION. This, to make our site PSION-friendly...
- Thursday 11 December
- Tested hand-built null modem cable (Series 5, Messaging Suite, USR Sportster 28.8
data/fax, PC-Link cable, my custom null modem). Didn't do anything different than Radio
Shack store-bought model. Sigh... But! I did find pin-outs for a "no handshake,"
"standard," "full handshake," and "semi-full" null modem.
- Wednesday 10 December
- Our credit limit with Syscan was extended.
- Tuesday 9 December
- We obtained the pin-outs and wiring diagram for a null modem that works for connecting
the PSION to a desktop modem. We're going to attempt construction.
Old What's New
Jun 98 | Mar 98 | Feb
98 | Jan 98 | Dec 97 | Nov
97 | Oct 97